Campers will have an action packed week learning the skills of competitive fencing while making new friends. It's fun, fast, and exciting!
- We play fencing games that incorporate learned fencing movements and other important skills.
- Students learn equipment care, fencing rules, and simple mental training techniques.
- On Friday campers have a tournament. Parents are encouraged to watch.
- July and August camps are for kids ages 8-14. Fencers of all levels of experience are welcome! June camp is for advanced fencers of all ages, including adults, by permission only.
- Our Facility is Air-Conditioned!
Summer 2022 Camp Sessions
June 20-24, Mon-Fri Advanced Camp/Nationals Preparation by permission only
July 25-29, Mon-Fri Beginners and all levels welcome
August 8-12, Mon-Fri Beginners and all levels welcome
CAMPS RUN FROM 9 am to 12 noon daily!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Fencing Safe?
Yes. Fencing is one of the safest Olympic sports. There are NO sharp weapons in the sport of fencing! Our equipment meets all USA Fencing safety standards and is meticulously inspected for safety by our staff. ICFC instructors are CPR and First Aid certified.
Do I have to buy equipment?
No. The ICFC provides campers with everything needed to learn how to fence. We do sell equipment if you prefer to have your own.
What clothing should my child wear?
Campers must wear clean, dry athletic shoes (no dirt or mud or grass on the soles), long pants that do not restrict movement, and a short-sleeved t-shirt. Athletic pants or comparable sportswear are preferable to tight jeans. We are following USA Fencing's pandemic protocols, so everyone at the ICFC must wear a face mask at all times.
IMPORTANT: ABSOLUTELY NO shorts or open-toed shoes (sandals) allowed.